The Fell Pony Society
2022 CENTENARY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Our plans to celebrate the Society's Centenary in 2022 are proceeding at pace. Thank you, Jane Rawden, for keeping us all up to the mark!
Keep a lookout for information in the FPS Magazine and on our Facebook page.
2022 CENTENARY SUB-COMMITTEE
Centenary Book - Stud Cards
Material is coming in for the Centenary book. Here are some stud advertising cards for stallions of the 1920s and 1930s: Father and son. Thank you, Sarah Charlton... we are working through that big box...
21 June 2021
Centenary Calendar 2022
The FPS Centenary Calendar is now available to purchase - £6.00 plus £2.00 p & p.
Email to order: email@example.com. Please ask about combined postage charges if you are purchasing more than one calendar.
1 April 2021
We are proud to introduce a pair of logos for use on event promotions and merchandise during the year. Here they are! Jane Rawden who is in touch with the Area Support Groups will let you have high resolution copies so you can use them however you want, in celebrating our Centenary next year.
The main aim will be for everyone who has a connection with the Fell Pony to celebrate 100 years of the FPS, to continue to provide education on the heritage of the Fell Pony, to increase our membership … and of course, to have FUN!
• To celebrate 100 years of the FPS
• To celebrate and continue to educate about the heritage of the Fell Pony
• To celebrate with anyone who has a connection with the Fell pony
• To increase FPS membership
Throughout the Year
Ideas under discussion include launch events at shows in May, with events and activities running through the year, and throughout the UK and overseas, so we hope there will be something for everyone.
Area Support Groups and Overseas Branches
Our Area Support Groups and Overseas Branches will be fully involved in the planning which will include a celebratory flag ride and drive throughout the UK - and perhaps overseas? Tell us if you'd like to join in! It will start in May and end in August with the two major Breed Shows at each end of the period.
Exhibitions and Workshops
We will again be able to use the Old Courthouse at Shap as a base for displays and unmounted events, workshops and art and writing competitions for three weeks in August. We would be very grateful for offers of help to steward the exhibitions for a morning or an afternoon, alongside one of the Courthouse volunteers (contact Janet Wood via the Courthouse web site).
Breed Show Week - Stud Visits, Talks and a Ball
During Breed Show Week in August, as well as the Breed Show itself we have a packed programme of events, talks and visits, and of course the exhibition already running at Shap. We will end the week with a Ball in Kendal with an auction of promises.
We will also be creating a video on conformation and breed type and compiling a book of influential and distinguished mares and stallions of the last 100 years. Centenary branded merchandise will be available.
So, we have a busy year of planning ahead!
• Launch: Parade of Fells at Windsor Horse Show (May 2022)
• Launch: Stallion Show at Dalemain (May 2022)
• Celebratory Flag Ride & Drive (throughout UK)
• Area Support Groups activities (throughout UK, overseas, and throughout the year)
• Ball with Auction of Promises (August 2022)
• Exhibition at the Old Courthouse, Shap (August 2022, possibly travelling later to other venues)
• New Trophy at the Breed Show (August 2022)
• Video - Conformation and Type, particularly for new owners, new breeders, and trainee judges (May 2022)
• Centenary Book about distinguished mares and stallions of the last 100 years - print and e-book (May 2022)
• Art competition (August 2022)
• Writing competition (August 2022)
• "100 miles with a Fell" challenge (throughout UK, overseas, and throughout the year)
• Special edition 2022 Calendar (Winter 2021)
• FPS Centenary Branded Merchandise
• 2022 "Fellfies"
The Centenary Sub-Committee 1 April 2021